Duty free allowance on arrival in Dubai is:
- 4 litres of liquor or wine.
- 400 cigarettes or 2 kilos of tobacco.
- Cigars to the value of Dhs 3,000.
Incidentally, if you do not want to unnecessarily carry your duty free allowance on to and off the plane when flying from your home country, you can purchase all duty free goods upon arrival in Dubai from the Dubai Duty Free outlets. The Duty Free outlets are located after you pass the Immigration desks in the Arrivals Hall at Terminal 2 and before the baggage reclaim area.
If you have flown into Dubai with Emirates Airlines and wish to purchase duty free goods in the new Terminal 3, there are two Dubai Duty Free outlets, one on the right hand side of the hall and the other in the left hand corner before you exit the baggage reclaim area and before you enter the Customs area. All major credit cards and currencies are accepted and there is also a currency exchange located in the outlets.
After reclaiming your baggage and exiting the customs area at Terminal 2, there is an arrivals hall where the following services are offered:
- Dubai Hotel Reservations have a one-stop travel desk situated after the customs x-ray machines. Arriving passengers can book hotels, tour packages and airline tickets here.
- A Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) tourist kiosk is available 24 hours a day where tourist information, maps and general advice may be obtained.
- Numerous car rental firms are represented.
- A dedicated lounge is available for unaccompanied minors and passengers with special needs. Those waiting to greet passengers can do so here and either airline or ground handling staff will bring the arriving passenger to this lounge. If you have flown in to Dubai with Emirates Airlines you cannot fail to be impressed with the brand new facilities at Terminal 3.